Warren Elementary History
The first year of existence for Warren Elementary was the 2000-2001 school year. The school name, colors (purple and silver), and mascot (Husky) were selected by members of the original families drawn from Fairmount Elementary, Central Elementary, and John Weldon Elementary.
The school was built in two phases. The second phase was completed in the Spring of 2002 bringing the school to its current size with space for 36 classrooms.
Our school is located in Cottleville, Missouri which is in eastern St. Charles County. Dr. Warren Cottle Jr. settled in this area around 1800 after obtaining land under a Spanish land grant and opened a farm, a mill, and continued to work as a physician. He had eight children and his son, Lorenzo Cottle, was the founder of Cottleville. Warren Elementary is named in honor of Warren Cottle.
We have approximately 735 students attending our school. Preschool is offered along with grades kindergarten through fifth. Each class attends Art, Music, and Physical Education on a rotating basis. We have a large library along with a computer lab and other technology resources. A variety of special education services are provided for qualifying students. Before and after school care is available through the Vacation Station program.